BbWorld'06

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mardi Gras last night... No class today.

Yes, it is true. I will not be attending the Blackboard sevices event today. But tonight... oh yeah.

That's the main reason for coming anyway, the party on the USS Midway.

hehe ( just kidding)

Well, I wish this blog could be more forth telling about the conference, overall i am very impressed with the product and apparently many people are impressed by podcasting, at times, in two separate events, i almost felt like I was a presenter.

So I met most' everyone, got a book signed by the incredible keynote speaker, Malcolm Gladwell, author of the Tipping point. (One of my favorite parts about the tipping point of paul revere was later expalined to me to be a romantisized example by a professor from Concord) rubbed elbows with the founders and traded business cards, to my surprise, and met many people with suffixes at the end of their name, PhD, MBA, Doogie Howser MD, you name it they were there.

I am pretty glad that i came and had fun (a little too much) with the University Hardford Conn Tech Department last night.

WEll, I could still go, there is penty of time, but the thing is, I don't have blackboard, I don't use it blackboard, I am here to find the best services for my company and to give it the foundation it needs to grow. I only really wanted to come to the first two days anyway, but now as life would have it, will have to stay for the third and so I suppose it all works out.

p.s. I now know what it is like to be at a teaching conference with America's brightest minds at the forefront of interactive education... it is marvellous and I hope to bring this to the world of teaching in my own mavellous way. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home